For New Year's Eve we went to a kid-friendly pajama party at the Vrooman's house. Hannah wore her pjs, I rocked out in my Seniors '99 t-shirt and pj pants with messy pigtails, while Steve opted for an old sports coat and weird tie. To quote Steve, "If I got invited to a pirate party, I would go as a ninja." He's a rebel. Walter was in town and I talked him into wearing long underwear and pigtails like me. He protested about the pigtails, but I think he secretly liked them. Why else would he have long hair?
The Baileys and Holcombes were also hosting a New Year's party, but it was a dress up party. So after Hannah got some play time with Norah and they both went to sleep, we went to the formal party for awhile. Yes, in my pjs and pigtails. Walter almost tried to change into jeans, but we convinced him that long underwear were really the way to go at a formal affair.
We were back at the pj party by midnight and rang in the new year with noisemakers that amazingly didn't wake the 9 kids asleep upstairs. So it was a good night. We played Apples to Apples, we saw college friends, and we laughed at Walter's underwear. Happy 2010!!
1 comment:
Walter is really rocking that long underwear. He is looks like he is posing. I agree with Megan. Number 8 on the link says pigtails are okay.
Post a Comment