3.27.2010

First Birthday Parties

The weekend after Hannah's birthday we traveled to Chillicothe to celebrate with family.  We didn't want to overwhelm her with a ton of people and noise, so we split it into three parties....and we still overwhelmed her.  But at least everyone got a chance to see the birthday girl.

  Saturday morning we woke up to snow at Grandma and Grandpa Meneely's! 

While Hannah napped we blew up balloons and decorated for the party.  I also baked my first cupcakes ever.  Yeah, I'm not much of a cook, but I wanted to do something special for her birthday.


When she woke up the guests had arrived and we watched her play with the balloons.  She's wearing her "birthday girl" onesie that I made with iron-ons. :)

I helped her unwrap the presents and we read some of her new books together.

Grandma helped Hannah sit on her new rocking chair from Great-aunt Adeta and Great-uncle Mike.

Then we had some cake and ice cream.  Hannah tried ice cream first and made this face.


With everyone watching her eat her first-ever cupcake and no real food in sight, the pressure got too much and she broke down in tears.  After some hugs and playtime with just Mom and Dad she was ready to rejoin the party.

After the nap we went to party #2 at Great-grandma and Great-grandpa Kerr's house.  Hannah's Great-aunt Brenda surprised her with a homemade cake.


Here's part of the Kerr clan that attended party #2.

Then Sunday for lunch we went to Trenton for party #3 with Steve's mom's side of the family.  We played with all of Hannah's new toys until she let us know it was time for her nap on our way back to KC.  



Thank you to our families for all of the cool presents and for helping us celebrate Hannah's first birthday.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I love the picture of her eating ice cream!

Amanda and Jason said...

Talk about raking in the loot! I wish I had some of those sweet toys!