I think this might have been the best summer of my life. Playing with Hannah was SO MUCH FUN! Every day we did something that made her laugh or squeal with excitement. I loved watching her explore new places and try new things. We went to parks, indoor playgrounds, the zoo, farms, shopping centers, museums, you name it. Then every afternoon she took a long nap I had some time to myself to catch up on housework, read, blog, or take a nap myself! It was a good life. :) I actually started considering being a stay-at-home mom, something I thought I would never want. But as much fun as I had this summer...I also (believe it or not) have fun at work. My job is wonderful: I teach the best grade level at the best school with the best co-workers. I think I would miss it if I stayed away too long. Plus, being a stay-at-home mom in the winter can't possibly be as fun as it is in the summer. Right?!? I think I would get bored eventually of either staying at home year-round or working year-round. I feel like I have the best of both worlds being a teacher....work some, stay at home some.
So anyway....
On our last day of summer we took Hannah to Crown Center. We had lunch at Fritz's Railroad Restaurant where you order your lunch by phone and it is brought to you by an overhead train. Hannah was thrilled. She kept saying "Tr!" and signing "more". After lunch we went to the Crayola Store and the Clifford exhibit. It was a perfect afternoon and the perfect way to end our summer.
the train that went by our booth
train delivering food
watching the overhead trains
coloring at the Crayola Store
2 comments:
We want to go here! Our boys would go crazy!
We were there too last month! Neat, but the train noise hurt my head! I agree with having the best of both worlds, I'm ready to go back to teaching. Staying at home for 3 years has made me crazy!
Post a Comment