"I've been to every Miner since my freshman year of college...except last year."- Steve Kerr
Miner is the only home cross country meet at Rolla and the alumni all come back and run in it, too. Steve goes to it every year, but I've only been a couple times since college. I think his heart broke a little last year when he couldn't attend due to a conference for work. So this year he begged and pleaded to get everyone to go back for Miner so it would be really fun. And we did- us, the McGuires, the Baileys, the Vroomans, and Walter. And we had a blast. While we were gone the girls were with Granny and Great Aunt Peggy and they had a great time, too.
Jane and I were on "mom duty" (lugging all the cameras/bags/water bottles around) while everyone else ran. We passed the time taking stupid pictures of each other...mostly on Walter's camera. He should have known better than to give it to us. He ended up with about 300 pictures.
It was a BEAUTIFUL day and it brought back a lot of memories of being at Miner when I was in college. Man, I feel old. Steve did really well and came in first of all the alumni. He had been training for a few months, just to beat Taco in the race.
In the afternoon Steve, Walter, and another alumni went on a bike ride. Steve was actually more excited about the bike ride than the race. He really misses biking around Rolla. That was one of his favorite things to do in college. Kansas scenery just isn't the same. :)
The rest of us went to Three Squirrels Winery, which also had some beautiful scenery.
Then that night Wendy and I partnered up to dominate at shuffle board. We won five straight games!
The next morning we met up for breakfast at Cookin' From Scratch and this amazing car was parked outside.
We can't wait until next year!
1 comment:
Please do note the "roads" that Steve took us on since we all had road bikes.
Post a Comment