10.21.2013

5 year Blogiversary

Don't get excited.  There is no giveaway involved.  Well, I could send you some hairbows or tutus.  I have way too many of those.

Steve and I started this blog five years ago.  I was pregnant and we wanted to share sonogram news (and eventual baby pictures) with everyone.  We thought it might get obnoxious to constantly email people.  We weren't on Facebook.  Who else but our mothers cared about my morning sickness anyway?  So we started blogging mostly for our immediate family and a few close friends.  With both of our parents two hours away, we knew they would appreciate seeing pictures of their grandkid. Maybe other people wanted to check in on our life, too?  But if they didn't, that was okay.

We both wrote posts.  I wrote about pregnancy, holidays, and the house.  Steve wrote about bikes and savings plans.  Steve lost interest, and now it's just me.  Why am I still here?  

While I started writing for family and friends (and now family of friends and friends of family), I continued blogging for me.  I liked looking back and remembering what we did last Christmas and what Hannah looked like when she was 6 months old.  The current state of my mommy brain means I often have to look up things like: What was Hannah's Halloween costume two years ago?  Nobody but the blog knows.  True story.

But now I am really blogging for the girls.  My mom's dad died when she was just four years old and she doesn't have that many memories of him.  It is weird to think that if something happened to me tomorrow, Hannah wouldn't remember much of our time together, and Olive might not remember anything.  Those girls changed my life and I have a billion memories of them (you know, except for Halloween costumes).  I want to share that with them.  So through this blog they will get a glimpse their silly parents, family trips, our friends, all their firsts, and (most of all) how much they are loved.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love Blogiversary and your beautiful family!!

Please say that there will be a Q&A video with Hannah and Olive later this week :)

Kerr Family said...

That would be hilarious! I need to do that, but I can't make any promises for this week.