2.03.2014

Puppet Theater

We had a large box leftover from a recent online order.  Boxes, are kid gold, right?  You can do anything with a cardboard box!  We decided on a puppet theater.  I cut a rectangle in the top half.  Then I took it to the garage and the girls painted it....pink, of course.  Okay, no judgments.  I know this is a far cry from the adorable homemade puppet theaters on Pinterest.  But my kids are happy with it...so I'm happy with it.  After all, this is a KID project.
IMG_4640
After the pink dried, I reinforced the seam with some butterfly duct tape (come on- everyone has that around the house, right?) and also covered the edges of the rectangle.  Then more painting...purple this time!
IMG_8391
IMG_8395
IMG_8396
The girls love it because they made it themselves.  I love it because it is cheap, easy, and I won't feel bad about using it for a few weeks (or however long they are interested in it) and throwing it out.  
As a bonus, the girls discovered their theater doubles as a playhouse with the cut-out becoming a door!
IMG_8399

No comments: