A conversation in late April when Steve was trying to put things on the calendar....
Megan: You realize that's Mother's Day weekend so people are probably busy?
Steve: Oh. So what do you want to do for Mother's Day?
Megan: I don't know. The art museum? Actually why stop at a day? It should be Mother's MAY and I get a whole month.
Steve: Ha. That's funny. Wait. Is that a thing? Mother's May?
Megan: No.
Steve: It sounds like a thing. Did you just make that up?
Megan: Yes.
And so a holiday (or should we say holimonth?) was born.
And then Steve started doing little nice things for me and posting on Facebook with #Mother'sMay. I don't think anyone else thought it was funny at all, but we found it hilarious. I love Steve. And my girls. And Mother's May.
We did end up going to the museum. I think it is a Mother's Day tradition at this point. But this was our first year seeing the annual giant puppet show. It was pretty cool!
In a "tense" part of the show where there was fake fire that would hurt the animals.
The kids got to "meet" the puppets after the show.
Of course Olive was more interested in meeting the water princess who helped put out the fire.
As usual, we didn't get any good pictures of the three of us. This was the best of the bunch.
Most looked like this:
We went to Ingredient again for dinner, just like last year. I love the food, plus they have a neat outdoor space. We watched the girls play for over an hour. Wonderful way to end the day.
Mother's Days of yore: 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, and my very first: 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment