Saturday was Brooke's KC shower hosted by her bridesmaids. The food was wonderful. My favorite was the giant plate of roasted hummus. Yum.
Brooke and her bridesmaids and junior bridesmaids.
Sunday was my 2nd Mother's Day. It was a chilly, gray day, but we still made the most of it. We brought some food to the park by the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum, walked around the sculpture park, and went to the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. We've been there before, but it was Hannah's first visit. She was very well-behaved and liked all the bright colors. Steve and I were tricked by a sculpture that looked like a person: Salesman. Parks and art museums are two of my favorite things, so it was a great day.
2 comments:
So I changed banks when we got married. I was given about ten choices for debit card design, and those with pictures were Kansas City themed--I guess Commerce Bank is headquartered there. There was a Royals card, and a Chiefs card, etc. But I chose the one with the picture of the Shuttlecock. At least once a week some Springfield-native cashier is all, "What is *that*?" when they ring my card. :)
You can't go wrong with a shuttlecock. It is timeless.
Post a Comment