Another big month for Hannah! She got two new teeth, so now the total is up to eight. She can eat with a spoon, although it is a very messy ordeal. She make a tower stacking 4 blocks. She started babbling a lot more and sometimes even imitates sounds. She can say dada, mama, ba (for ball), and buh (for bye). Pat says that she also says baby, but I haven't heard it. Although, it's hard for me to figure out what is actually a word. Does "ba" really count as saying ball? She says it when she is holding a ball, so I'm going to count it. Hannah is pretty quiet...more of a observer than talker, so we are really excited that she is starting to say more. I think the talking is really going to take off this summer. She has been communicating a lot without words, too. She puts books in our hands if she wants us to read them. Or she takes our hands and walks us over to the door if she wants to go outside. And of course she pushes something away if she doesn't want it. She can now go down stairs, which makes me very nervous because she prefers to WALK down stairs holding on to the wall with one hand. We try to make her sit down and slide, but she keeps popping up and walking.
Two not-so-new things: saying mama and giving kisses. She said mama months ago...then stopped saying it and called both of us dada. Mama is now back. She is also giving kisses again after months of refusing.
Her coolest new trick is following directions! I didn't realize how much she understood. One day I was being lazy and jokingly asked her to go get the book "Go, Dog, Go" that was across the room on the floor with about eight other books. I didn't really expect her walk across the room and bring me any book, let alone the correct book...but she did! I thought it was a coincidence, so I asked her to get "Frieght Train"...and she did! She only recognizes her favorite books that we read repeatedly, but I'm still impressed. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment