6.29.2014

New York- Part 3

The exciting conclusion everyone has been waiting for!  See Part 1 and Part 2.

American Museum of Natural History

Tree started growing in 560 and was cut down in 1891

There were LOTS of animal dioramas



Lucy

largest meteorite on display in any museum in the world- 34 tons 

Dinosaurs!!





 A letter I wrote for Steve right before we got married to be opened on our 10 year anniversary.

 Anniversary night at Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.  In typical fashion we didn't decide to go until about an hour before the show.  We hopped on the subway, bought tickets and ended up in the 4th row!  I saw Phantom once in KC when I was in junior high and loved it.  I found out I still have most of the songs memorized.  After the show we walked across the street to have the cheesiest calzone of my life.  Delicious!


I forgot how much I love riding the subway.


I like how each stop looks different.  This is Times Square.


Guggenheim


 Staten Island Ferry






 Belvedere Castle in Central Park

We were pretty museumed-out by the time we got to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  It is the largest museum in the US.  I think we saw 1/10 of it.




Fur Traders on Missouri River by George Caleb Bingham

Washington Crossing the Delaware: HUGE!

Snap the Whip: tiny!

old photo of Hotel Newton where we stayed

checking out

Steve thought it was the best vacation we've ever been on.  It was amazing to see all the places IN PERSON that I have read about or seen on TV.  And there is so much to see in New York!  It was a very memorable 10th anniversary.  

No comments: