10.08.2014

Wendy's Amazing Race Birthday

'Wendy wanted an amazing race party package that was being auctioned off at her work.  Dan secretly bought said package.  Um, that sounds bad.  Anyway, this party had been in the works for awhile.  Babysitting was secured and I was really looking forward to a kid-free day.  Then I found out what we were going to be doing.  Based on a similar event the teachers organized for a Christmas party, I assumed we would be driving in cars.  Um, no.  We would be Running. 

Before the race started


There were several events that did not involve running, such as balancing a slinky on your head.  I was pretty good at that.  I was also excellent at solving riddles to get clues.  I stayed away from eating SPAM and chugging what we later found out was a fungi drink.

The race was mainly in the River Market area, so Steve and Dan were the only ones who really knew their way around.  This is at a bridge right beside Dan's old loft apartment.  About two hours later we arrived at the end.

Who would have thought a team of marathon runners would take first place?  We put up a good fight and got 2nd about five minutes later.  It would have been even closer if I wasn't on the team. :)  Steve literally pulled me along for most of it.  Despite lugging his slow wife, Steve had a great time.  It was right up his alley.  And of course the birthday girl loved it.  Welcome to your thirties, Wendy!  You are one of us now.  Ah, ha, ha, ha (to be said in the voice of The Count)


Note:  All pictures are taken from Facebook because there is no way I could carry a camera as I limped along.

Further note:  I could barely walk the day after this race and I was sore for about five days.  I really need to get in shape.

No comments: