9.15.2015

Seattle- Part 3

This is the final Seattle post- I promise!  Here are parts 1 and 2 if you missed them.

After the ferry ride, we stopped to play at this playground in Anacortes.  It is one of the coolest we've ever seen.  Notice the white ferry on the side. :)  



Back in Seattle we did some hiking in Discovery Park, the largest park in Seattle which is also walking distance from the Vroomans' house.  It is amazing that they have something like this so close to their house!  


Then we took a bike ride and stopped to check out the Ballard Locks.  The locks carry more boat traffic than any other in the US.




At Golden Gardens beach.



So a little backstory, when we told Hannah we were going to Seattle she immediately asked to go the restaurant at the top of the Space Needle.  I didn't even know it had a restaurant. I told her of course we would go.  Then there was bad weather and we canceled our lunch reservations during the week, only to find out there is only an overpriced brunch available on the weekends....and we decided to scrap the restaurant plan.  I felt so bad since I made a promise.  We changed the plan to night so we could see the sunset and lights of the city.  It worked out pretty well.  We even ordered a snack inside and when we sat down at the table Hannah said, "Now let's see if this thing spins!"  She thought were in the revolving restaurant.  Oops.  We explained again.  Luckily there weren't any tears (from her).  Also after taking about five pictures my camera battery died and I had to take the night pictures with my cell phone.  Luckily there weren't any tears (from me).







Hannah drew this picture of the Space Needle the next day by looking at our souvenir.

My very first cup of Starbucks coffee (I'm not a coffee drinker).  We saw the original Starbucks in Pike Place Market.

At Carkeek Park



This is totally random, but there are lots of snails in Seattle.  We found these by the Vroomans' house and set up a snail race.

At the Museum of Flight

We toured an old Air Force One: SAM 970

Original Boeing Red Barn




Right after the Museum of Flight, Tyler dropped us off at the airport for our flight.  We had this amazing view of Mt. Rainier from the plane.


Whew.  That's all the pictures.  Well, it's actually not.  But it's a good sampling.  I love that the girls got to see the sunset on the plane and see cities lit up at night.  We even got to see a thunderstorm and lightning!  Even though it looked close, the pilot said it was actually over a hundred miles away in another state.  We got to our house at midnight our time and the girls were wide awake.  Good thing we didn't have school the next day!

Big thanks to the Vroomans for an amazing vacation.  They let us borrow their car, cooked us meals, entertained us, and even waited with us at the ER...all with a two-month-old.  They rock.  As much as we loved visiting them in Seattle, we really wish they would move back to KC. :)

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Great pictures! Looking at them made me wish I had been there with you. It was a wonderful experience for the girls-- one they will always remember. 😜 Loved the snail race!

Granny M said...

Did the two month old take the group photo? LOL
Great photos...love the family photos too.

Kerr Family said...

Marabel was at home with her grandma. :) We asked a stranger to take the pic.

McGuire Family Blog said...

The picture from the plane is amazing!!! But I am most jealous about the park that the Vrooman's can walk to. What a great trip!