3.25.2016

Spring Break

As usual, spring break went way too fast.  We didn't really do anything special, just a lot of little fun things.  It gave us a taste of summer and doing whatever we wanted whenever we wanted.  It was very hard for a certain first grader to go back to school this week.  The real world is tough after playing all day every day.

We started with a playdate at Antioch Park with Kate and Henry.  We took a picnic lunch and it was a perfect day.  They actually played more in the pond and woods than they did on the playground equipment!

Then our neighbor had a bouncy house in her backyard for her 8th birthday.  AND it was a super hero party.  The girls were in heaven!

We made a trip to Chillicothe to see grandparents and great-grandparents and even some great aunts, cousins, and second cousins.  It was our first time back since Christmas so it was good to see everyone again.  Then we left the girls with my parents for a night and Steve and I went to Weston.  I can't remember the last time we had a little get-away.  We did a little shopping around town, ate dinner, and ended up at O'Malley's listening to a man sing limericks.  He reminded me of an older Walter.


This used to be the largest ball of twine in the world or something.  I'm not sure.  But I got a picture with it.

We stayed at Benner House.  Ah, memories.  We stayed there before for New Year's Eve 2012.  It was the last known sighting of Steve's wolf shirt.  Howwwwwwl.

What were the girls doing while we were in Weston?  Stomping in the mud.  Playing with worms.  Climbing hay bales.  They are country girls at heart.



And of course St. Pat's is always over spring break.  I made our traditional green eggs for breakfast.

I wanted to go to the parade since it was a nice day, but the girls were disappointed when they realized we weren't going to BE in the parade, just watch it.  They decided to watch it on TV because "it is like a front row seat" and then put on their own parade in the driveway.  Note: the dandelions are gold coins.




The last three days of spring break were all birthday fun for Hannah.  Post coming soon...

2 comments:

Granny M said...

Did Hannah decorate her bike too?

Kerr Family said...

Yeah, but Hannah ditched the bike pretty quickly for scooter and skateboard tricks. I should have taken a video.