3.30.2016

Hannah Stats- 7 years


Hannah is now 52 pounds (55th percentile) and 4 feet 5 inches tall (99th percentile).  In the past year she gained 2 pounds and grew 3 inches.  Here are her stats from year onetwothreefourfive and six.

Hannah is a first grader this year.  It was an adjustment to go from half-day kindergarten to full-day first grade (and with two teachers!)  She doesn't love school as much as last year because it is so much longer and more work, too.  But she is still an excellent student.  It's been amazing to listen to her reading go from sounding out every syllable (and making random guesses when she didn't feel like sounding it out) to reading new books fluently.  In January she started taking AR tests (for reading comprehension) and she hasn't missed one question yet!  Of course her favorite subjects are math and science.  She still doesn't like making mistakes or getting in trouble.

Hannah has always looked and acted older, but she REALLY seems mature now.  I'm not sure how to describe it.  She talks differently (saying "like" a lot) and she is quieter in class this year.  I can see the influence of friends, but she doesn't care too much what everyone else is doing.  She signed up to be in Lego Club at school even though she doesn't know anyone else in it.  I asked how she would feel if she ended up being the only girl.  She said, "So what?  I like legos."  I hope she always has that attitude.

I used to say Hannah is a lot like me, and even more like Steve.  The older she gets, the more she becomes his Mini Me.  She looks like Steve. She likes science, math, and engineering.   And she loves being outside and doing anything athletic.  Just about anything he is interested in, she is interested in it, too.

What I love about Hannah:
I love her enthusiasm for life.  When she is interested in something, she is ALL IN!  It is fun to be around someone having so much fun.  I am proud that she is such a good student, but I am more proud that she is kind.  She always includes Olive when she is playing with her friends.  She cheers for Olive and helps her learn new things.

What Steve loves about Hannah:
I love her competitive spirit and our shared interested in all things sports.  I love her independence and initiative.

What Olive loves about Hannah:
She gives love and she's nice.  She's a good sister.  

What Hannah thinks about herself:
I'm a great climber.  I can also ride bikes and skateboard very well.  I look on the bright side.


Hannah's Favorites as a Seven-Year-Old:
restaurants: Panera and Fritz's
place: Silver Dollar City
color: pink
animal: horse
food: Velveeta shells and cheese
drinks: grape juice and chocolate milk
song: Roar by Katy Perry
books: Berenstain Bear series, Elephant and Piggie series, non-fiction animal books
TV show: Strawberry Shortcake
toys: horses, legos, roller blades, helicopter, fairy flyer
activities: nature walks, bird watching, crafts, biking, skating, swimming, sledding, flying kites
games: Hullabaloo, Monopoly Jr, Station Celebration
subject in school: science
special in school: pe
job when she grows up: design engineer or teacher

dislikes: scary movies (just about any movie), writing

2 comments:

Granny M said...

Time just flies by.

Grandma said...

Hannah is such a sweet, sensitive, and talented young lady -- love her so much! Hard to believe that she is now seven.