8.28.2016

Last Day of Summer

We made our last day of summer count by going on an adventure downtown.  We started in the City Market and the girls actually looked at shops with me!  Everyone was in a great mood and we made some great memories to finish off our summer.

Then they rode the streetcar for the first time.  They loved it!


We rode it to Union Station then walked the skywalk over to Crown Center for lunch and the Mr. Potato Head exhibit.






We stopped at the Power & Light district to find this rooftop park.  It is on top of a grocery store.  Hannah loves exploring downtown with all the tall buildings (kycapers as Olive calls them).  We even saw window washers.




We rode the streetcar back to City Market and bought some strawberries and surprised Steve at work.  It was a really fun day!

Summers are so sweet with these two.  And each summer is special.  We'll never have another summer with a five and seven-year-old.  The girls have always played well together, but this summer they were inseparable.  Best friends.  It was tough for both of them with Hannah in school all day in first grade.  Olive was overjoyed when school was out and she got to play with Hannah all day.  And play they did.  They would spend hours in the morning playing legos.  Or making up plays and puppet shows.  Or setting up a town with stuffed animals.  And we spent plenty of lazy afternoons at the park or swimming pool.  We actually got tan this summer!  And I don't think I've had a tan since before I had kids!  We had some firsts this summer: geocaching, tennis, first baseball game, first time diving for Hannah and going underwater for Olive, and exploring new places like Old Shawnee Town.  And we did all the usual summer "must-do" list: camping, kayaking, catching fireflies, swimming lessons, Corporate Challenge, and 4th of July parade.  I think I say this every year, but it was the best summer!

1 comment:

Granny M said...

I was wondering if you had rode a streetcar yet.
They remind me of the cars used at some of the airports.
Time just goes by faster and faster.