On Father's Day Steve built a lego table for the girls. Lego has become an obsession at our house. We inherited all of Steve's old legos from childhood. They were all from car and plane sets, though, so we had hundreds of black, white, gray, and army green pieces. The girls got lots of lego sets for Christmas and our collection became much more colorful! We switched from a giant rubbermaid to smaller ones sorted by color. Hannah said this is how they did it in lego club last year. We also have bins for people, horses, airplane parts, car parts, etc.
Steve built the table with a top board that can be removed and turned over. We asked Grandma to paint a river and ocean scene on the board. She did an amazing job!
And here is the final product. Sorted legos are in the rubbermaids. Completed projects are on the table and stored in the fabric bin. The same storage is also on the other side of the table.
The girls are super creative about incorporating the "kits" with their own designs. In the back is Elsa's castle they got for Christmas. I love that they aren't afraid to take parts of it apart to use in other creations. I'm way too much of a rule-follower and I would have never mixed and matched lego kits as a kid (or even now). I wish I would have taken a picture of the nine-story castle they built before. Oh well. I'm sure they will make another one soon. Lego creation pictures should be a regular feature on the blog!
1 comment:
Love it.
Post a Comment