8.09.2016

Swimming Lessons

We had to go to a different pool for swimming lessons this year because our old one was torn down.  Sad.  Our old pool had about 4 different swimming lessons going at the same time with 2-4 kids per class (and last year Hannah was the only one in her class!).  This pool had 8 different swimming lessons at the same time, with 6 kids in each class.  The girls couldn't believe how many kids were in the pool!  I don't know if it was the large class sizes or maybe the teachers, but the girls didn't progress much in the two weeks.  We still had a good time, but I might have to rethink lessons for next year.





I did notice Hannah's back float improved this year.  She is great at the backstroke and back crawl now!

I didn't get a picture of it, but Hannah did her first real drive off the diving board!  It ended up being more of a belly flop, so I haven't talked her into attempting it again.  Here's her usual jump:

And Olive went down the slide for the first time.  Can you see the fear on her face?  She did not want to go again!

4 comments:

Grandma said...

Glad to see them enjoying the water so much!

Granny M said...

Got to go to Chillicothe Chili Bay with them next year.
Maybe we just need to pick a weekend and meet you there!!!

Granny M said...

Course the only way you get to swim with Papa Tom is in the Lake!

Kerr Family said...

They would love it if you took them to Chilli Bay! Definitely pick a weekend and let us know. 😀