I went on Hannah's first school field trip to the pumpkin patch and now it's Olive's turn! It is times like these I feel so lucky to be a stay-at-home mom. I couldn't do stuff like this if I was teaching and I know there are only a few years when they will even want me to be involved. Nobody wants their mom on a fifth grade field trip. :)
We went to KC Pumpkin Patch. It is really big and there were several school groups and families there at the same time. When I went with Hannah's class (different pumpkin patch) the whole class moved from one activity to the next and our school was the only one there. This time we could do whatever we wanted with our group and we just had to meet back at the front for lunch. I had three kiddos in my group. That sounds easy, but they wanted to go in three different directions. After a few times where the boy took off running to something without telling me, I finally got them to stay together at one activity. I kept thinking how I would like to see Steve chaperone a field trip. :)
The other girl in my group really reminded me of cousin Gwendolyn. It was mostly her haircut, but also how she smiled and her mannerisms.
The day before the field trip it stormed. So the pumpkin patch was very muddy and it was also our first chilly day of the fall. At least the sun was shining to warm us up! Although I tried to keep the kids out of the mud, going down slides led to some dirty bottoms.
Each kiddo got to pick out their own pumpkin. It took Olive a long time to find the perfect one.
It was neat to see Olive have fun with her friends! And of course I love pumpkin patches and being around kids. It was a great morning! We even brought Flat Stanley along. Ainslyn sent him to us from Jefferson City so he could experience life in Kansas.
1 comment:
FUN place and looked like the kids were so busy they couldn't get cold. Steve would be a great one on a field trip with kids as he would do EVERYTHING they were doing and leading the pack. LOL
Post a Comment