11.15.2016

Olive Quotes

(talking about clothes)
Hannah:  I'm not very fancy.
me:  Me either.
Olive:  Yes you are.  You have fancy golden hair.

Olive: (trying to attack me)
me:  You are always fighting.  Maybe I should sign you up for karate.  Would you like that?
Olive:  No.  Because I would have to listen too much.

Olive: Let's play pretend swimming lessons.
me:  Okay.
Olive:  You be the teacher. I'll be the student.
me:  Okay.
Olive:  No, I'll be the teacher AND the student.  I don't want a teacher.

(We have a rule that the kids can't get up before 7:00am)
Hannah (telling on her sister):  Olive came into my room and jumped on me at 6:54 this morning.
Olive:  I couldn't wait!
Hannah:  But you get to spend the whole day with me.
Olive:  The day isn't long enough.

(listening to The Distance on the radio)
me:  This is Dad's favorite song.
Olive:  I like it too.  It sounds mean and fighting.

Olive:  Can girls get married to girls?
me:  Yes, they can now.  But just a few years ago it was against the law for girls to marry girls.
Olive:  Oh.  So that's why you married Dad.

No comments: