2.09.2017

Seussical the Musical

We went the high school production of Seussical the Musical.  As we were waiting for the show to start Olive asked me if it was going to be "pictures like in the books."  I tried to explain a play was people acting out the stories, but she said she didn't want that and she wanted to see a show on a screen or in a book.  After the opening number she turned to me and said, "I LOVE this!"  Of course.  Hannah looked at me with a big smile and said, "I'm so glad we came!"  It reminded me of when I took her to see the junior high production of The Little Mermaid, a night she still talks about.  And actually some of the same kids we saw in The Little Mermaid were in Seussical (now as high school students)!  I got to catch up with lots of former students, their parents, and some co-workers, too.  The secretary at my old school sat right next to us with her grandkids.  We had a great time and the girls said they are actually singing some Seussical songs in their spring music program!


I've known The Cat in the Hat since she was Olive's age.  I taught her older and younger sister.  It's so neat to see all these kids I knew grown up and doing awesome things in the world!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so great...getting to see a live performance and then have their MOM tell them she knew the players from when they were little. FUN!!!