I was reading a book about how special it is for kids to have one-on-one time with each parent, and I thought it was a great idea. We always do things as a family or with one parent watching both kids. It would be nice to have some individual time, especially as the girls are getting older.
Then I saw that a lot of my former students were going to be in a junior high production of the Little Mermaid. Perfect. Hannah was excited to attend her first play. She sat on my lap so she could see better. I explained the plot to her since she has never seen the movie (Ursula is much less scary as played by a 8th grader). There were lots of questions. "Where is her tail? Why would she trade her voice for legs? I liked her tail! Why does she have to kiss him?" After the show Hannah got to meet the "stars." She was impressed that I knew Flounder and Sebastian. She stayed out past her bedtime and got home at 9:00. She immediately ran in to tell Steve all about the play. It was so cute- definitely a night I will always remember, even if she doesn't.
Steve and Olive had their own special night and went out for ice cream together. Next time we switch girls!
Then I saw that a lot of my former students were going to be in a junior high production of the Little Mermaid. Perfect. Hannah was excited to attend her first play. She sat on my lap so she could see better. I explained the plot to her since she has never seen the movie (Ursula is much less scary as played by a 8th grader). There were lots of questions. "Where is her tail? Why would she trade her voice for legs? I liked her tail! Why does she have to kiss him?" After the show Hannah got to meet the "stars." She was impressed that I knew Flounder and Sebastian. She stayed out past her bedtime and got home at 9:00. She immediately ran in to tell Steve all about the play. It was so cute- definitely a night I will always remember, even if she doesn't.
Steve and Olive had their own special night and went out for ice cream together. Next time we switch girls!
1 comment:
Such a sweet mother and daughter picture! The girls will always remember their special mommy-time.
Post a Comment