We got bored this weekend so we decided to demolish our bathroom off the hallway. The hallway bathroom and the upstairs bathroom are really the only two rooms left to do in the house. Well, I'd like to get new carpet for all the rooms, but that's another story. Back to the bathroom. So I got to thinking about our baby using our nasty old bathtub (the one I won't even use), and I knew it was time to get started. We'll have all winter to put in a new tub and re-tile it. Plenty of time to get it finished. Plus it gives Steve a project to do so he won't keep bugging me about tearing out the walkway that he just put in last year. So Steve started knocking out the tile and I removed the wallpaper. Yes, I know it doesn't look like wallpaper in the picture. They painted over it. That's really fun because moisture gets behind the wallpaper and then there are big bubbles in the wall. Word to the wise: don't wallpaper your bathroom.
11/30/08 Update: Workday #3 on the bathroom. On workday #2 I moved the toilet to the baby room and started ripping up the floor. Tonight I was able to finish the floor and haul all the debris down to the garage. Last week we set out two buckets and they took them so I guess we'll keep that up until everything is gone. One pic of the wire mesh/mortar bed/tile included below. Here's a problem for you to email me about.. our sink/cabinet is custom-built and it's 67". The preformed double vanities are 61". Also, turning it into a double vanity with the existing cabinet means we'd have to rework the drawers since as they are now, they'd be in the way of the sinks.
7 comments:
Going to tile it or what is your plan for your new bathroom?
Two sinks...
Tile for sure. I'm thinking dark brown, but I haven't consulted the boss about that. Probably two sinks. Unfortunately we won't be able to get a drop in preformed unit because the cabinet was built custom for it. For the shower/tub Megan was hoping for jets.. but I doubt that's going to happen. Does anyone even do that? (Jets w/ shower)
http://www.bejane.com/node/11
No pictures of a smashed bath tub?
The drain is still connected so I haven't brought out the big guns yet. I'm pulling the floor first and I'm about halfway through that.
MMM jets in shower did you see the show where they had the water streams hooked up so they squirted with music???
No, not jets in a shower. We were thinking of jets in a bathtub with a shower, too. We didn't know if the whirlpool tub and shower combo was really done. Usually you see them separate.
Post a Comment