11.17.2008

It's a Lady

From Steve: Megan is 20wks and we had our first ultrasound today. Prognosis: Girl. Since Megan is a first-born girl and I'm a first-born boy (and we both turned out awesome) we were going to be thrilled either way. The best thing about a girl is that she already has great playmates; our friends Sarah and Tyler are having a girl about one month before us, and her cousin Ainslyn is only a year and half older than her.

From Megan: This is my favorite picture! I like how she's all curled up. I can't believe that I'm halfway through the pregnancy. It is flying by! I'm still feeling great. Now that we know it's a girl we can start thinking of names, decorating the nursery, and buying cute little pairs of shoes. The kids at school were very excited to find out it was a girl and see the picture. One of them asked me how I knew it was a girl because "it really just looks like a whale". Then they all started giving me possible girl names...mostly their own names, although one told me I should name her after a Hawaiian goddess! The other teachers were very excited, too. I got lots of congratulations and hugs. Some said they were happy it was a girl because first born girls were best (although I have my suspicions that I would have heard first born boys were the best if it had been a boy).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are completely leaving out that she will marry one of nmy boys.

Holly said...

That's so exciting! Congratulations, kids! I love the whale comment from your student...what a clever kid. And, by the way, I tend to agree that first born girls are best, but you know, I'm pretty biased myself. Yay you guys!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hey guys! thanks for reading our blog. i'm not very good about updating ours or keeping up with other peoples blogs but I will try! Congratulations on the little girl. Calla has been fantastic and you can add one vote to the "first born girl being best" category for me. I'm not really sure what my "mustache" is doing. This is by far the longest it has ever been. It is very thin and I'm not sure what it is going to look like longer, but It'll be fun to find out. I'm enjoying scrunching my upper lip and tickling nose. Keeps me entertained for a good half hour per session.