2.09.2010

Groundhog Run

January 31 was the Groundhog Run.  It's in the underground storage caves in north KC.  Steve ran it awhile ago and I have wanted to run it ever since then.  I kept thinking I should wait until I was really in shape, but this year I figured I'm never going to get in awesome shape and be fast...so I should just do it now.  Tamra drove over from Columbia to run it with me. Well, maybe run is too strong of a word for what I do. Jog is more like it. Or maybe even "plod". But regardless, we plodded for 3.1 miles (without stopping) and it was fun!  We both ended up with the worst 5k times we've ever had, but it didn't matter.  I was just fun to jog with a friend and see the caves.

3 comments:

Granny M said...

Sounded like fun and great sightseeing opportunity too.
Something to tell your class about seeing too.

Anonymous said...

I wore my t-shirt to work today! The question is, have you run any since that day? I haven't...

Kerr Family said...

I have actually. I do 20 minutes almost every night on the treadmill after Hannah goes to bed. It's rough, but I'm on a mission to lose this baby weight!