Hannah picked out her long red and white striped dress to wear on the last day of school. She said, "I look older, right? Like at least eight." Definitely.
Her last day was supposed to be May 26th, but we didn't have any snow days this year so it got moved up to Monday, May 23. I don't remember ever having the last day of school (a half day!) on a Monday before.
It was a big day. She won the SOAR award for her class. It is basically a citizenship award for being responsible and kind. She has wanted to win it all year, so she was super excited and proud to get up on the stage. Afterwards she told her teachers, "I never won anything before. This is my first award!"
Her teachers comments on Hannah's report card:
Hannah has been an absolute pleasure to have in class this year. Her incredibly sweet nature and diligence toward learning makes her a joy to teach. Hannah has made great progress in all areas. She has grown into a confident reader. Hannah's peers love to be around her as she exhibits unique kindness towards others. She will be such an asset to her second grade class.
I couldn't be any prouder of this girl!! We went out to Spin Pizza for dinner to celebrate her award and a great year. Just like last year, she isn't ready to be called a second grader yet. She says matter-of-factly, "I haven't been in a 2nd grade class yet, so I'm not a 2nd grader." I think it's just hard to switch identities so quickly. She has been a first grader for a year and all of a sudden she's not. Change is hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment