Hannah's last day of kindergarten was May 22. It was definitely bittersweet. The last day was supposed to be May 29, but it got moved up because we didn't have any snow days. There were tears when I told her she was getting out a week early. She loved her kindergarten year so much! In fact, she refused to be called a first-grader for awhile after school ended.
I am also sad to say goodbye to such an amazing experience. Half-day kindergarten was awesome! I picked Hannah up at 11:15 and then we could go home for lunch or take off to the zoo or do anything we wanted. Plus, I couldn't have asked for a better kindergarten teacher for Hannah. Her teacher was kind, patient, and fun. And the kids were great too. Her classmates really bonded together because there were only 13 of them. The whole class was invited to every birthday. And all the parents bonded, too. There were 5 room moms and we were all first time kindergarten parents, so we learned everything together. It was great to meet so many new friends that were all at the exact same life stage as me. Plus they live in the neighborhood!
receiving her kindergarten certificate
Also, I was gone in the morning and Steve took her to school, so I didn't see this shirt/skirt/knee socks combo until the party...
last day of school party with siblings and parents included
I wanted to take her picture on the last day and she insisted on wearing this from the first day.
This didn't turn out as well as one I saw on Facebook. She's holding a pic of her from the first day.
1 comment:
Perfect ending to a great year!!!
Post a Comment