5.19.2015

Mother's Day Weekend




 We went to Chillicothe for Mother's Day.  It's always sweet for the girls to see their great-grandmas and hang out with family.

Second cousins.  The oldest, Trent, is graduating high school this year.

And here he is with Hannah on my first Mother's Day.

I love this picture.  You can really see how much Steve looks like his grandma.  If only we had Papa Tom in the picture to see the full family resemblance.

We always play Lincoln Logs at Great-grandma Velma's.  Hannah took this picture of her creations.

 As for my own Mother's Day, I'm not really a "present person" but the girls were VERY excited to give me gifts.  Steve took the girls on a secret mission to pick out a plant for our yard.  I did my best surprised face. :)

Hannah made lots of things at school.  She painted a picture, grew marigolds and grass seeds, made a card, and also filled out this:

And of course Steve and the girls surprised me with that sweet blog post.  I actually forgot all about Mother's May, but I was very excited when Steve reminded me.

Steve:  Is Mother's Day on a Saturday or Sunday?
me:  How do you not know this?
Steve:  Well, last year I thought it was a whole month.
me:  OMIGOSH!  Mother's May!!  I completely forgot about it!


The past few years we have been in KC for Mother's Day and made a tradition of going to the art museum and the restaurant Ingredient.  Well, the day after Mother's Day my mom came to babysit Olive so I could volunteer at Hannah's field day at school.  So we went to Ingredient for lunch...just a day late. :)

1 comment:

Granny said...

What no reenactment of Trent holding Hannah? LOL