5.10.2015
For Mom
Happy Mother's Day.
I remember looking at Hannah at some middle of the night/morning feeding and thinking...Oh, my mom did THIS. She took care of me as a baby and looked at me just like this...and also watched me walk for the first time...and helped me with homework countless nights...and taught me to drive... and went prom dress shopping with me...and watched me graduate...and get married...and have my own baby.
And I'm not sure I really got it until then. How big motherhood is. How much you do. How it is way more than changing diapers and doing laundry and driving kids around. It is putting your everything into these little people who change and grow up right before your eyes. And even though you are exhausted and frustrated, you keep doing it because it is the best thing you've ever done.
Thank you, mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Many thanks to my wonderful daughter and awesome mother of my two spectacular granddaughters. Your girls are very lucky to have you as their mother. You are an excellent role model for them, and all-round fun mom. You and your siblings have brought me so much joy. I fell in love with each of you before you were even born and continue to love you to the moon and back!
Post a Comment