10.27.2016

Jack-o-Lantern Festival

My neighbor has been telling me about the jack-o-lantern festival at Powell Gardens for a few years.  It is only one weekend a year and it always seems like we are out of town that weekend.  But this year we finally made it!  It was neat to see, but it definitely wasn't a pumpkin patch (a little disappointing for the girls).  I would recommend it for older kids.  They were still excited to see all the different kinds of jack-o-lanterns and I'm glad we went because I always like seeing new things and having new experiences.




photo bomb!

We went on a hayride and that's where we figured out we inadvertently dressed alike.  Here is team orange.

 And team green!

We went on a mile walk to see over 700 jack-o-lanterns on the side of the walkway and in groupings.  Hannah is saying "Come on!"  She did not want me stopping to take a picture.



The Egyptian grouping was probably my favorite.

 Half-way on the trail there was a bonfire and we could watch a master pumpkin carver.


Then it got dark and my pictures got really bad.  These are fairies in the forest.

A sea monster by the lake.

2 comments:

McGuire Family Blog said...

I would LOVE this place.The boys would love the monster by the lake. Gwyn would love the fairies.

Granny M said...

Was a good year for pumpkins.