10.01.2015

Meneely Reunion

It was a beautiful weekend for the Meneely reunion this year!  We tried to stay outside as much as possible.






We had a weenie roast at the old farm.


George Meneely's great-grandkids....or at least the ones we could round up for a picture.

And his great-great-grandkids.

Weirdos.

When we first saw Soren (the girls' second cousin) Olive said "Who is that?"  Then by the end of the weekend, they were best buds.

Lauren's boyfriend made his first reunion appearance.  Which is a big deal.  My aunt once said you shouldn't bring someone to the reunion unless there was a ring...so obviously we teased them relentlessly about marriage even though they just started dating.  Things *may* have been posted on Facebook.  We even made him eat gooseberry pie (a Meneely tradition).  Luckily he had a great sense of humor and took it all in stride.

The best part of a reunion is always dessert.


Okay, the best thing is really the playground.  Growing up, it was the coolest playground I had ever seen.

I have so many memories of this slide.  It makes me so happy to see my kids enjoy the same stuff I did when I was their age.


This girl is just like her dad.  She climbed up here herself.

Hannah was really looking forward to the reunion this year.  I asked her what she liked about it, thinking it was the playground or unlimited desserts.  She said "the people."

2 comments:

Granny M said...

Great photos of family fun.

McGuire Family Blog said...

I love old-school playgrounds. Awesome.