It was a stressful and emotional week leading up to the wedding. We had bridesmaid dress drama. One the dresses was a different color when they were shipped in months ago. Long story, short: my dress didn't come in until the Tuesday before the wedding. I drove to Independence to have it fitted and then drove back on Thursday to pick it up. I went to several stores to find some gold shoes to go with my dress. I was also trying to make Marissa's wedding present: a scrapbook of wedding stories and wedding pictures from her family members and Casey's. While making it I ran out of paper, scrapbook materials, and ink...all at different times! Steve was super busy trying to meet two different project deadlines, so we only saw him for dinner and then he went back to work. My aunt's funeral was Wednesday before the wedding. She passed away after a long battle with cancer. She was my mom's only sister and treated Hannah like her own granddaughter. She loved seeing pictures of her on the blog. We miss you, Adeta!
Somehow we made it through the week and had a lovely wedding on Saturday. Marissa was a calm and beautiful bride. The ceremony was funny and sweet. The cake was delicious. The dancing was super fun. And Hannah made it down the aisle as flower girl!
getting ready
2 comments:
Wonderful looking family - thought you had said didn't get a family photo with just the three of you while all dressed up.
So glad you found you did!!!
I made them dress up again the next day because we didn't get a picture. :) I also made Steve do that at his graduation because he changed out of his gown. I'm serious about pictures!
Post a Comment