Steve participates in Kansas City's
Corporate Challenge every year. Each company has a team that competes against other companies in their same division. The winners get medals...and glory too I guess. He usually does the track events, duathlon, bike race, maybe some swimming events, and the tug-of-war. When I first found out the tug-of-war was an actual Corporate Challenge event, I thought it was pretty funny since it was something kids did at summer picnics. And I really thought it was funny that the tug team had practices. Do they need to practice because someone might get confused and push instead of pull?!? Obviously I did not understand the intricacies of the event. Hannah and I witnessed the glorious tug-of-war last weekend. It is held on a beach so the teams can dig holes. No, I'm not making this up. So you don't actually pull the other team down, you just move the center of the rope toward your side. They ended up getting 3rd place in their division and Hannah got to play in the sand. Not bad for a Saturday morning.
digging the holes
TUG!
Black & Veatch team: 3rd place!
Hannah also liked digging in the holes
No comments:
Post a Comment