6.22.2016

Memorial Day Weekend

So it's the end of June and I'm finally getting around to writing about the Memorial Day weekend.  Sounds about right.  So I planned the first part of the weekend which included the kids' flea market at our local toy store and a trip to Lawrence to watch the Art Tougeau parade and Busker Festival.  The last time we went to the parade Hannah was only one.  We ate lunch outside and watched the funny cars go by.  Then we looked at some shops including science store and toy store.  The toy store is amazing because it is 3 stories of everything you can imagine, but the girls picked something out from the science store.  A geode for Hannah and starfish for Olive.






Hannah purchased an ice cream maker from the kids' flea market and Olive got this doctor cart.  It has been much used for all the scrapes of summer (and the occasional fake broken foot).

Steve planned the last two days of the weekend.  We heard Ainslyn and Gwendolyn were spending the week at Granny's, so we drove our girls up so they could have a cousin sleepover.  Then we drove ourselves to Columbia...and the next day we drove back to Chillicothe to pick up the girls... and then back to KC.  I wouldn't normally choose to spend 8 hours in the car, but it was fun to go on an adventure just the two of us.  We left the car in Booneville and biked on our tandem to Columbia.  We had lots of flashbacks to when we biked across Missouri pre-kids.

Then we saw this.  But Steve doesn't follow signs.


So this happened.


I don't often take selfies, but when I do you can see my arms in my sunglasses.

And we finally made it to Columbia.  Then the next morning Steve biked back by himself (in even higher water) to get the car in Booneville while I watched HGTV at the hotel.  So we were in Lawrence and Columbia (and Chillicothe!) in the same weekend.  Crazy.

No comments: