10.31.2016

Halloween

This was the first year the girls had coordinating costumes for Halloween.  They were "Rock and Roll Sisters."



At the annual school parade.  Taylor Swift is behind Hannah.


Olive's class.  There were lots of Star Wars fans.  

For the first time in two years, I wasn't completely in charge of running a classroom party!  It was nice and relaxing.  I am a room mom in Olive's class this year, but I only ran two games so I had time to peek in at Hannah's party too.


 playing pin the wart on the witch

We went to Corinth Shops to trick-or-treat after school.  It was close to 80 degrees so Olive's sleeveless shirt worked out fine.  I can't remember a warmer Halloween.

Then we went trick-or-treating in our neighborhood when it got dark.  This was one of the coolest houses!




 Back home with all the candy.

It was the year of the Kit Kat.  This is just from Hannah's candy.  And we ate a few on the way home.

I also wanted to take pictures of some Halloween decorations before I took them down.  Here is our Halloween art wall collected over the years.

You can definitely tell this was decorated by kids. :)


New this year are chalkboard haunted houses (with a cut-out Olive took home from school) and a candy corn fishing game the girls made up out of a tissue box.

The also decorated Hannah's room and had a Halloween party for our family.  They didn't think our decorations were spooky enough so they made their own.  The red yarn is supposed to be blood with the eyeball chocolates.

peeled grapes in a cauldron

This is Captain America wrapped in toilet paper to make a mummy in a casket.  And of course our monster made from a tissue box with little one-eyed monster babies.  They are so creative!

1 comment:

Granny M said...

Love seeing all the costumes!!!
So glad some schools still have the Halloween party and the COSTUME parade!!!
Cool decorations girls and neat costumes.